Pages

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Chick Pea & Red Pepper Salad

So yesterday I came across a recipe, and I THOUGHT I bookmarked it, but alas, did not. Then I woke up thinking about it and craving it! So I whipped up my own version of the recipe. I wanted something with fresh flavor, texture & crunch. Easy, fast & just plain YUMMY!
Bow Chikka Bow Bowwwwwwwww!

Cheerio,
Wendy

1 can chick peas, rinsed & drained
1/2 red pepper, chopped
3 green onions, chopped
1 Tablespoon chopped red onion
1 Tablespoon chopped Cilantro
1 clove garlic, chopped

2 teaspoons olive oil
2 teaspoons fresh squeezed lime juice
1/2 teaspoon cumin
fresh cracked pepper & sprinkle of sea salt

Toss all veggies & chick peas together in a bowl. Mix wet ingredients in small bowl, then toss over veggies. Mix to coat.

I ate mine right away, but you could let flavors blend a few hours in the fridge.

Nutritional info for 1/2 recipe:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Calories: 312
Fat: 7.6 grams
Carbs: 47.5 grams
Protein: 15.6 Grams





6 comments:

  1. this looks AWESOME! I might try it with my fav black beans too! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rachelle...yes, black beans would be delish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks amazing. I bet it would be really good in a wrap with a little grilled chicken.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I put a little crumbled feta on mine....I found the chick peas a little dry though. Although I had about 1/2 can extra that I dumped in because I had them opened. Could be why.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks super yummy AND super easy ... I'll have to try this!

    ReplyDelete