Pages

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Carob Chip Brownie Cookies

I found this recipe on a blog my daughter introduced me to, called Snacking Squirrel and I have to say it sounded really interesting. I love carob, but I had never used the Mori Nu before so I was in! Mori Nu is one of the lines I manage, and I handle it all the time, but just never made the plunge. Am I glad I did. These are so deelish, so majorly low in cals and fat, and tons of protein. Hello, my leetle friend. You and I are going to be spending some time together!!

The original recipe is from here:
http://www.snackingsquirrel.com/2011/02/carob-chip-brownie-cookies.html

**The texture is kind of creamy on the inside, but crisp & chewy on the edges. The are strangely awesome!**

Carob Chip Brownie Cookies
Created by Snacking Squirrel
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

300g silken tofu (I used firm)
2/3 cup pure oats
1/3 cup carob powder
1/3 cup unsweetened apple sauce
1/4 cup unsweetened carob chips
1 Tbsp vegan protein powder (I used Whey Gourmet Vanilla)
Few Drops stevia liquid (vanilla) (I used about 1/4 cup Splenda)
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
Dash cinnamon + nutmeg
Pinch sea salt

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 380 Fahrenheit
2. Grind oats into flour using a food processor
3. Mix dry and wet ingredients separately in 2 bowls
4. Add wet mix into dry, stirring briefly with spatula
5. Scoop 1/3 cup batter (per cookie) on a non-stick baking sheet
6. Bake for 20-25 minutes

Mine made 6 HUGE cookies!

Per cookie, based on 6:
Calories: 84.1
Fat: 2 grams
Carbs: 13.5 grams
Protein: 5.7 grams






No comments:

Post a Comment