Pages

Friday, April 22, 2011

*ISFP Member Story of the Day~~Brandi Porter*

This story is from a Brandi Porter...a fabulous girl that I (W) have the pleasure of knowing in person!  She proved that even when life throws you curves, you can still pick yourself off and get back in the game!  Great job Brandi!  Thank you for sharing with us!
Cheers,
Wendy & Matt
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I don't even really know where to start. I guess at the beginning. In High school I was always fit. I loved playing soccer, going for nightly walks with my mother, and on Tuesday and Thursdays doing turbo jam. It was my life. I've worked out with my mother since I was old enough to walk! It was second nature to me, I did it like a person eats breakfast every day!

It wasn't until college that something change. My whole life turned upside now when I found out my parents where separating. It came out of left field for me. Dealing with their divorce and being away from home for the first time to go to college hit me hard. I had in 3 months packed on more weight than I can still believe. About 40lbs. I still went to the gym but I ate when I was upset and I was upset because I ate. There was no stopping my eating habits and drinking every weekend just packed on more pounds. I ended up gaining another 20lbs. 60lbs in total in less than 6 months. It drove me mad.

I realized fast that working out wasn't making a difference and started to watch what I put in my body. Not right away of course. I  started slowly changing my eating habits, pre-packing meals, especially lunches and snacks! I didn't loose any weight at first but I started to feel a lot better. In the summer I decided to purchase Turbo Jam after a friends convincing me. I was hooked, that was in 2006. Since then I lost a total of 60lbs. I watch what I eat. But still 'treat' myself! I don't believe in cutting any type of food out of my diet I think you can have anything in moderation. I have been the same weight for over a year now! It took me a while but I am finally back to how I was before college and I am the happiest I have ever been in my life. I worked hard and it took a long time to get the weight off that I put on so easily! I now keep a daily food journal and work out about 5 days per week to maintain my fitness level. I am planning to run a marathon and hopefully soon plan to have two wicked guns!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment