I found this recipe at Healthful Pursuit. It looked and sounded so good I thought I would whip some up today! Now I cannot wait for brekkie tomorrow to have it in my baked Oatmeal!
Here is the link to the original recipe:
Cocoalmond Mania Butter
It’s ooey, it’s gooey, it’s loaded with coconut, and it’s ready to be used as a topping on just about anything!
* 1 1/2 cups raw almonds
* 1 tsp unrefined coconut oil
* 2 cups unsweetened, shredded coconut
* 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
* 1 tsp ground cinnamon
* pinch of salt
1. Add the almonds + coconut oil to your food processor and process until drippy, scraping the bowl as needed. This should take between 6-8 minutes.
2. Scrape out the almond butter into a bowl.
3. Add coconut to the food processor and process until drippy. This should take about 5 minutes.
4. Add almond butter back in with the coconut butter and process until combined and smooth. This should take about 2 minutes.
5. Add in vanilla, cinnamon + salt.
6. Process and scrape as needed, until well combined and drippy.
Makes ~250mL of nut butter.