Pages

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Hummus

Hummus

~~~~~~~~~~

1- 19oz chickpeas, drained and rinsed

¼ cup light sour cream (I use 0% greek yogurt as well)

2 Tbsp tahini (I use Almond Butter)

2 Tbsp freshly squeezed lemon or lime

2 tsp minced garlic

1 tsp grated lemon zest

½ tsp toasted sesame oil

½ tsp each salt and granulated sugar
¼ tsp each ground cumin and ground coriander

**today I also added a dash of smoked paprika; other times I will add in chipotle pepprs**


Place all ingredients in the bowl of a food processor and whirl until smooth. Serve with veggies or oven toasted pitas!


per 1/4 cup serving:

Calories: 104
Fat: 3g
Carbs: 16 g
Protein: 4g


**I also want to add that after the hummus sits overnight it usually thickens up, so I just stir in a bit more lemon/lime juice before serving**



1 comment: