Pages

Saturday, October 1, 2011

Chocolate Coconut Almond Granola

Well, I started out the morning with ingredients for a Chocolate Peanut granola...another standby, but was missing one crucial ingredient. So I created this recipe instead, using the ingredients I did have on hand. I have to say, it turned out wonderfully & the smell of it baking was amazing & comforting on this cool fall day! I hope you enjoy it!

Chocolate Coconut Almond Granola
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

3 cups of rolled oats (I used Rogers Porridge Oats)
1/2 cup raw almonds, chopped
1/2 cup unsweetened coconut (I used large chipped)
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1/4 cup coconut sugar (aka:palm)
1/4 cup sesame seeds
1/4 cup wheat germ
1/4 cup flax meal

Mix above together in large bowl.

Stir together in large bowl and add to dry ingredients:
1/2 cup honey
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 Tablespoons of vegetable oil (next time I will use coconut oil)

Add wet ingredients to dry then mix well until coated. Using your hands makes it go much easier! Spread on parchment lined cookie sheet and bake at 325 for about 25 - 30 min. You do NOT want to over bake!

Cool and store in freezer or airtight container. I like to eat ALL my granola right from the freezer.





Nutrition info per 1/4 cup:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Calories: 104
Fat: 4 g
Carbs: 16.3 g
Protein: 3.1 g
Sodium: 5.2 mg

Recipe makes 26-1/4 cup servings

5 comments:

  1. Gosh that looks wonderful :D Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. my issue is that I can't eat just 1/4 of a cup! Best to stay away for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks so good :) I want to try to make some one day

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just put some in the oven... trying it with sliced almonds since it's all I had and subbed almond extract for the vanilla and whole flax for the sesame. It smells SO good in here!

    ReplyDelete