Pages

Saturday, October 8, 2011

80/20

Life is short. I spend 99.9 percent of my time trying to live well...eating healthy, exercising, staying on course with the agenda I have set for myself. I really DO love my life. I love how great I feel and I love the fact that I am helping others along the way. But being healthy is not only about diet & exercise, but about family and friends and happiness. That in turn translates into optimum health. The package deal.

I don't get to spend a lot of time with my husband, but he came home yesterday and will be here for 3 days. A really short time slot. So I am now enjoying the 20 percent end of the 80/20 policy. I sure as hell ate an awesome dinner & had several (ok, many) drinks last night (& possibly one or 2 tonight), I did not work out today. I feel no guilt. I plan on spending as much time together as a family as those 3 days will allow. There will also be a Thanksgiving dinner in there too!

Scott & I have changed so much in the last year. I see a side of him now I didn't know existed & it is wonderful! Last night was the perfect combination of laughs, conversation, wine & really just sheer happiness. I even got handed a stunning single rose along with a marriage proposal from him. I could not ask for more. :-)

Letting a schedule go & instead just winging it can be a blast! I know my training schedule doesn't always make for the best use of time when he comes home. So I allowed myself today to just be free of any predetermined activities and just enjoy life! Tomorrow I will be back at it with a 12k training run.

So the moral of my story is this: Live your life...take the time to adhere to your principles, but then to have flexibility as well. You just never know what great things will be waiting for you.

On that note I must go shave my legs, get out the wine glasses and put on some great stilettos!

Cheerio,
(W)



No comments:

Post a Comment