PLEASE READ EVERYTHING IN ITS ENTIRETY BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS. ALSO DO NOT POST YOUR DAILY TOTALS ON HERE OR THEY WILL NOT BE COUNTED.
So...the elusive Abs quest brings us to this: The I See Fit People September Challenge....ABS!!!!
Oh, and I am not apologizing for my love of Marky Mark. ;-) (W)
GET FAMILIAR WITH ALL MOVES BEFORE STARTING IN ON THE CHALLENGE!!
This is the guideline for the challenge:
I SEE FIT PEOPLE SEPTEMBER ABS CHALLENGE
This will be posted every second day. The segments are 1 minute & 15 seconds. You will need an interval timer...AKA: Gymboss or similar.
1. Medicine Ball Toe Touches. How to: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQ4azL4gMrE. (I am using a 10 lb Medicine Ball)
2. 15 seconds rest.
3. Ab Choppers. How to: Go to 3:59 in this workout: http://www.bodyrock.tv/2011/05/28/600-rep-fat-burner-workout/.
4. 15 seconds rest.
5. Push Ups: Any style.
6. . 15 seconds rest.
7. Crazy Ivans. (30 seconds left side, 30 seconds right side). How to: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_KJoVZdkl4. (I am using a 10 lb Medicine Ball).
8. 15 seconds rest.
9. Sumo Twists How to: Go to 3:41 of this workout: http://www.bodyrock.tv/2011/05/28/600-rep-fat-burner-workout/.
10. 15 seconds rest.
11. Push Ups: Any style.
12. 15 seconds rest
13. Sandbag Sit Ups. How to: http://www.bodyrock.tv/2011/01/09/exercise-challenge-sandbag-sit-ups-and-hell-week/. (I am using a 26 lb sandbag).
14. 15 seconds rest
15. Walking Plank. How to: http://vimeo.com/5263984.
16. 15 seconds rest
17. Push Ups: Any style.
18. 15 seconds rest.
19. Russian Twists. How to: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=of9_4EQIFlQ&feature=relmfu (I am using a 10 lb Medicine Ball).
20. 15 seconds rest.
21. Crab Toe Touches. How to: Go to 3:22 of this workout: http://www.bodyrock.tv/2011/04/14/hot-in-here-workout/
22. Push Ups: Any style.
And a little something to keep the men happy too. :-)
So I have given this a few go arounds. I have been testing it out this week and I think it is something that everyone can do. You can modify the moves to use no weights, or different weights. Like dumbbells instead of medicine balls and so on. Don't feel limited to the what is used in the move.
If you want to participate (and you are NOT already a member of our Facebook page) and want to track your days, join us by clicking "like" over here at our I SEE Fit People page.
There, as usual, will be a Daily Tracker on our ISFP Facebook page. PLEASE use it. Don't post your totals here on the blog, or in a random posting on the ISFP Facebook page wall. There WILL BE a Daily tracker dated to that SPECIFIC day. Please get cozy with it.
We feel it is not necessary to work our abs every single day, so we have chosen to do this every second day instead. For anyone new to ab work...you will now LOVE us for giving you the day off. It is likely going to hurt, as all good things do. But be patient and the pain does go away.
There WILL, in fact be a great prize going to one lucky participant. We have a SPIbelt which has been generously donated by the company. For every day you list your totals, you will get an entry. Simple math. Thank you SPIbelt!! It is a lovely neutral color called Anthracite, which will be great for either guys or girls. Check it out: http://store.spibelt.com/Spibelt-p/spibeltparent1.htm. The prize is the WAIST version, NOT the arm band!
I am also going to do a bit of a review here as well for an armband SPIbelt sent me. I have been running with it on my shorter runs, and it rocks! It doesn't move or slide around and is perfect to stick things like lip balm, kleenex, cash and even sports nutrition in! I have tried a few other brands in the past & none worked as well as SPIbelt. So all in all: 2 Thumbs up! It's a keeper and we send our thanks to SPIbelt for their generosity! If you are a runner you are going to be thrilled to win this prize!!!
Challenge start date: Monday Sept.12th
Challenge end date: Monday Sept 26th
Wendy & Matt