Pages

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Edamame Hummus

After finding several recipes and not really loving them all, I decided I would come up with my own. I still think I may tweak it, but it was SO tasty and I am pretty happy with it. It has a milder flavor than chick pea hummus and I opted for Almond butter instead of the usual tahini. Give it a try! It is perfect with baby carrots and pita chips!

The hummus was really creamy as well despite it's appearance!

Cheerio,
Wendy


Ingredients

1 1/2 cups frozen shelled edamame
1/4 cup Almond butter
1/4 cup water
1/2 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
juice of 1/2 lemon
juice of 1/2 lime
2 cloves of garlic
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
1-2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
Fresh cracked pepper

Directions:

Microwave edamame, covered, for 2 to 3 minutes. Cool. In a food processor or with immersion blender, puree the edamame, almond butter, water, lemon zest, olive oil and juices, garlic, salt, pepper, cumin & coriander until smooth. If it still needs thinning add a bit more lemon juice til it is of desired thickness.


Per Tablespoon:

Calories: 52
Total Fat: 4 g
Carbs: 2 g
Protein: 2 grams



No comments:

Post a Comment